Off the Deep End

These are the aimless thoughts of a hungry little alien who's actually old enough to get a job and get marrried. The writer's a little bit off the deep end, or so to speak. Anyway, she thinks she's an alien and she's just been sent to Earth to research on the mysteries of human behavior. She loves ice cream and chicken curry. (Of course, she puts them on separate dishes. Otherwise, hell's bells shall toll.)

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

It's been a long time...

I've been hurt... somehow. My heart is broken and I have nothing to hold on to except the broken pieces. It bites into my palm and it reminds me constantly that I still have a heart beating inside of me. Is love really like this? Is love for me? Should I still believe that there is still someone out there for me who will not care where I came from or what I have done in my past? How could I stop my heart from bleeding and my eyes cease from crying? I am afraid to love... I am afraid to trust. I am afraid to hurt again. I am afraid to be alone...
The sun rises and sets...
another day has passed me by.
My wings have been torn...
I cannot find the will to return to the sky...
My heart cries out
with the voice of silence.
Is there still a heaven
waiting for me?
I close my eyes and tremble.
I have no one...
The winter in my soul
turns more tempestuous...
and my heart is frozen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home