Off the Deep End

These are the aimless thoughts of a hungry little alien who's actually old enough to get a job and get marrried. The writer's a little bit off the deep end, or so to speak. Anyway, she thinks she's an alien and she's just been sent to Earth to research on the mysteries of human behavior. She loves ice cream and chicken curry. (Of course, she puts them on separate dishes. Otherwise, hell's bells shall toll.)

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Became so damn addicted I dind't even see it coming!

Well... I never thought I'd see the day when i finally became addicted to an online game that guzzles all my cash like its favorite beer. Oh well... at least it's not like I'm doing drugs. Anyway, it's been a long time since I typed something in and i'm deeply ashamed of myself for not giving my blog a minute's thought. So... maybe now, I can once again exercise my poetic side. I met a lot of different people in the game hiding behind small and cute characters. It was unnerving to think that something... or someone that cute can be so heartless when it comes to dealing with others. I swear I'm never going to make my character that cruel... It's hust a game so what the heck gives? I mean it's not like it's a life and death situation where you really have to level up or die. So this poem is for them.
I sat under the shade...
waiting for someone to come along...
and notice me...
and take me on an adventure.
Waiting finally bore sweet fruit.
And then I had to die.
For him who took me
under his wing.
Safety?
Perhaps.
And I realized
under that sweet face...
lay a monster in wait
for its guiless prey.
I'm sorry...
and then I left...
and the day ended into
a scarlet-mooned night.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home